- ALCOHOL: Drinking of too much alcohol the chance of an injury or accident goes up. Heavy drinking can cause liver problems.
- HEROIN: It is natural version of man-made prescription Opioid Narcotics. It deteriorates our thought process, causes nausea and nervousness.
- COCAINE: This speed ups the whole body. We start to talk, move or think very fast.
A person can also have features of more than one particular type.
Signs and symptoms
- Loss of interest in various activities
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of judgment
- Mood swings
- Engaging in hazardous activities
- Social withdrawal
- Financial problems
- Engaging in risky behaviour
- Deterioration of health
- Less involvement in day to day activities
- Change in appetite
- Less sleep
- Negative effects on immune system
- Fettered perceptual experiences
- GENETIC: The chances of indulging in substance abuse are higher when a first degree relative already has a disorder.
- BRAIN CHEMISTRY: Drugs invade the brain communication system and interfere with the way neurons send, receive and process information.
- ENVIRONMENTAL: The environment; in which a person lives in; plays a very crucial role. In families, where alcohol and drugs are used, the changes of child engaging substance abuse is also quite high.
- RELAPSE PREVENTION: Medication can be given to the patient to re-establish normal brain function and to decrease cravings.
- OUTPATIENT BEHAVIOURAL TREATMENT: It includes individual or group drug counselling. In this, the patient needs to visit the health counselor on regular schedule.
- INPATIENT OR RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT: It is used in cases with more severe problems. It uses various therapeutic approaches that help the patient live a drug ree life.